St. Innocents' Cemetery, 1786
Drawing of St. Innocents' cemetery, February 17th, 1786, just before the church was demolished. The picture shows the Vieux Charnier along the Rue aux Fers. The artist stands with his back towards where the Charnier de Lingèrie with the Danse Macabre used to be, until it was demolished in 1669. The building to the left is the "ancien préchoir" (the outdoor pulpit), and the cross is the Croix des Bureaux. The artist is Claude-Louis Bernier (1755-1830).
There's a larger version here: Bernier 1786.
Tags for this image: Ossuary,